The Africa Scotland Business Network (ASBN) Ethical Conduct Policy
16 October 2019
Our values and commitment to business integrity stem from a desire to act honourably and with integrity in all our business dealings. We have a strong sense of responsibility to treat people and organisations respectfully and to maintain the highest ethical business standards in all the markets in which we operate.
- Treat our people and members with honesty and fairness.
- Act with integrity, professionalism and transparency in all our business dealings.
- Implement best practice and raise awareness of the ethical standards we require of our people and members.
- Create and maintain international best practice policies and procedures to prevent and protect against unethical conduct, corrupt practices and illegal activity.
- Implement systems that support our duty of confidentiality and respect privacy in all our business relationships.
- Support employees or members who have legitimate concerns about unethical behaviour. Investigate and respond to such concerns with urgency.
- Work with clients, partners and collaborators who give ethical commitments which are consistent with our own.
- Keep our systems and procedures under regular review to confirm that they remain relevant and proportionate.
This policy is set by the Africa Scotland Business Network Board and implemented across all ASBN operations through rules, procedures and guidance. It is reviewed and approved annually, or more frequently if appropriate.
Unit G16, Old Castle Brewery Building
6 Beach Rd
Connect with us on our social networks
f you’d like to start an Africa Scotland Business Network national chapter outside of South Africa, please contact our team. Chapters can only be headed by members who have been part of ASBN for 9 months or more.